Social Impact Investments
The nonprofit and public sectors alone cannot provide all the ideas, resources, and talented people needed to advance the Foundation's strategic priorities.
The Foundation's social-impact investing enables mission-driven companies to secure the risk capital, networks, and resources they need to develop products, deploy services and address societal issues at the individual and community level.
- Take advantage of regional expertise to support developments that will benefit the region and society
- Complement existing projects from companies not eligible for traditional grant support
- Leverage talent and innovation from local institutions to uncover new opportunities
- Explore collaborations with industry to advance new technologies
- Improve communications and access to capital for a broad range of companies
- Attract new companies and talent to the region
- Help to create and promote employment opportunities
- Explore new finance mechanisms to attract private for-profit capital
- Promote collaborations between for-profit and non-profit partners to adopt new finance strategies
- Support innovative funding approaches by government
Apply for Funding
Since 1947, the Richard King Mellon Foundation has invested in the future of southwestern Pennsylvania.Apply Now