In Allegheny and Westmoreland Counties, children in lower income households have less access to opportunities that contribute to economic mobility in adulthood. Also, community-level factors create obstacles that impede some children’s pathway to economic mobility.
All children and youth living in Allegheny and Westmoreland counties will be able to access their most promising future. We invest in pathways to opportunity for vulnerable children and youth to overcome the obstacles to achieving economic mobility.
- Kindergarten readiness
- K-12 academic performance
- Post-secondary education success
Future of Work
- Development of career readiness-skills
- Relevant, applied work experiences
Supportive Living Environments
- Children thriving at home
- Strong family and caregiver relationships
Places of Opportunity
- Connected and safe communities
Apply for Funding
Since 1947, the Richard King Mellon Foundation has invested in the future of southwestern Pennsylvania.Apply Now